Friday, February 3, 2012

8 Weeks Later...

So two months have come and gone. I have recovered from my surgery and so happy that I can move around again. Simple everyday pleasures such as showering were a huge feat for me. Feedings every two hours were rough on me during my recovery because I needed my sleep but had this new little person depending on me to take care of him.

Anyways, B is getting so big and weighs a little over 11 lbs. We have our two month check-up next week and I am super nervous about the shots. I think they hurt me more than they hurt him.

Developments:

Bennett isn't sleeping through the night just yet, but he only gets up once between 1-2am and then again around 5-6. There are still nights where he gets up more than once but they are few and far between. We are getting sooo close to sleeping all night (can't wait). He has just started smiling and laughing some, usually in the mornings. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen but you be the judge.

As for being a mommy, I am starting to settle into the title. I was a teensy bit nervous with him in the beginning. I was the gal that found it uncomfortable to hold newborns, lol. Funny how they aren't nearly as fragile as they appear. My bee is very strong though and holds his head up very well for being 8 weeks.
Sorry for my lack of blogging but I hope to be posting more regularly now that I'm healed and getting into the swing of things.
Ps: I dislike nursing! I sooo can't wait to be done with this stage but I know it's best for B.

3 comments:

  1. He is so cute! Don't worry tiny! Things get much easier around 3 months and nursing DEF gets easier as they become more efficient and eat less often! So proud of you momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we're finally starting to see the light of that 3 month tunnel. We are just grateful that his days and nights aren't confused anymore. But I will never like nursing...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my he is adorbs!! I don't know anything about having a baby but I am sure you are doing a fantastic job!! I will be praying for B to sleep through the night so momma and daddy can get a good night sleep! Remember all your tips and tricks so when I have a booboo I can pick your brain for them!!

    ReplyDelete